[dokuwiki] Re: adding autobackup saving

  • From: Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 23:19:54 +0000

Andreas Gohr wrote:

On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 21:18:56 +0000
Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

thanks for your answers so far. Here are some more:

1) We currently use a javascript alert to warn the user if she is going
to leave a page. What should we do:

continue to display this warning and delete the draft if the user
click okay (I like this but I'm not really sure how to do this yet)
I think this is best thing if we can work out how to do it.
do no longer display the warning and rely on the autobackup feature

2) How should the saved backup be called?

Somehow I always think "draft" because it's what I'm used to from email
programs but I'm not sure if this is the right name. I'm not a native
english speaker so there may be a better name for it. I used autobackup
in the last mails but this somewhat cumbersome I think.
draft is good, presumably along with a userid/ip address or hash of same.
Andi
Chris