[dokuwiki] Re: Webbased Calendar solution for Dokuwiki? - Calendar plugin

  • From: Florian Feldhaus <florian.feldhaus@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 12:01:14 +0100

Hi Andreas,

I am responsible for a DokuWiki installation at the University of Technology Dortmund. We are also searching for a calendar solution for all the events at our university.

I have been in contact with Gerry Weissbach, because he wrote a promising calendar plugin for DokuWiki. You might contact him or visit his website to see, what the plugin can do.

We are currently discussing a university wide calendar solution based on a calendar server. There is a calendar server named Bedework ( http://www.bedework.org/bedework/ ). It supports nearly every standard one can imagine (iCal, CalDAV, etc.) and is developed especially for universities. If you consider using this calendar server (or maybe a better one if you can find one), I would help writing a plugin to display the calendar inside of DokuWiki!

Flo

Dear list

We are currently looking for a calendar plugin or some piece of code how
to display ICAL calendars in dokuwiki. But maybe some of you guys have a
better idea how to achieve what I would like to do. So here is a little
explanation of our scenario:

We are a group of around 15 people at a university in Munich and running a
dokuwiki installation. Not the newest one but we would update if needed.
My boss now would like to have a shared calendar inside the wiki where our
secretary can insert holidays for each person and where we can insert
events like when people come to visit us and so one. What I found so far:

The gcalendar plugin which is a very light solution for doing something
like this. But its development is discontinued. And I would really like to
have the option to embed this calendar into mine at my desktop (I am using
lightning) using for example an ICAL format which is not supported by this
plugin. But for my boss I think this plugin would probably do what he
expected...

The google_cal plugin which allows to view a Google calendar. A Google
calendar looks pretty nice and is easy to use BUT the data is stored on
Googles servers and this is a thing we can not accept because of security
reasons.

So here are the option I currently see:

Using and maybe extending the gcalendar plugin

Using an external webbased calendar software  and find write some plugin
to display the calendar (probably without editing possibilities) inside
dokuwiki.
Does any of you already did something like this?
My university provides and eGroupware Server which has an build in ICAL
server. This would be an option, so if there is an ICAL plugin available
for dokuwiki...

Does someone of you knows a better team of a plugin and a webbased
calendar solution we can host on our servers for Dokuwkiki

Thanks for every hint and comment

Andreas Benzler