[dokuwiki] Re: Webbased Calendar solution for Dokuwiki? - Calendar plugin

  • From: Thomas Wingate <thomas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 19:30:19 +0100

Andreas, Florian,

We area group of about 50 ppl using dokuwiki document and coordinate our R&D work and I have been looking for something similar: calender-server + doku-plugin. Unfortunately I don't have much time for development but I'd be more than happy to use our site for active beta-test. Please let me know if this is of any use to you.

Kind regards,
Thomas Wingate

Andreas Benzler wrote:
Dear list

We are currently looking for a calendar plugin or some piece of code how to
display ICAL calendars in dokuwiki. But maybe some of you guys have a better
idea how to achieve what I would like to do. So here is a little explanation of
our scenario:

We are a group of around 15 people at a university in Munich and running a
dokuwiki installation. Not the newest one but we would update if needed. My
boss now would like to have a shared calendar inside the wiki where our
secretary can insert holidays for each person and where we can insert events
like when people come to visit us and so one. What I found so far:

The gcalendar plugin which is a very light solution for doing something like
this. But its development is discontinued. And I would really like to have the
option to embed this calendar into mine at my desktop (I am using lightning)
using for example an ICAL format which is not supported by this plugin. But for
my boss I think this plugin would probably do what he expected...

The google_cal plugin which allows to view a Google calendar. A Google calendar
looks pretty nice and is easy to use BUT the data is stored on Googles servers
and this is a thing we can not accept because of security reasons.

So here are the option I currently see:

Using and maybe extending the gcalendar plugin

Using an external webbased calendar software  and find write some plugin to
display the calendar (probably without editing possibilities) inside dokuwiki.
Does any of you already did something like this? My university provides and eGroupware Server which has an build in ICAL server. This would be an option, so if there is an ICAL plugin available for dokuwiki...

Does someone of you knows a better team of a plugin and a webbased calendar solution we can host on our servers for Dokuwkiki
Thanks for every hint and comment

Andreas Benzler