[dokuwiki] Re: Toolbar

  • From: Gerry Weißbach <gerry.w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 12:19:50 +0200

Terence J. Grant schrieb:

I installed the latest devel release from today (2006-07-28) but am
facing the problem the the toolbar does not show up when I click 'edit
the page'.
Everything else is fine. I can alter the text and preview / save it but
all that without toolbar. Does anyone know the reason?

1. reply
This has happened to me in the past. It only happened when I uploaded files
from my Linux box, and never from my Windows box. Even though the file contents
seemed to be the same, there was obviously some difference in the way the files
were being transferred. Once I uploaded from my Windows box, it worked. It's
probably not the solution you're looking for, but it should be a step towards
identiying the problem.

bob
Good guess, because i just downloaded and unziped the sourece directly at the webserver. I tried to upgrade with the todays release (2006-07-29) via ftp from windows, but the effect is still the same.

2. reply
In the stable release, the edit toolbar is generated by javascript, so
it is likely a javascript error (typically in your template, assuming
you're not using default) is the cause.

This can also be caused by using an "onload" (again javascript
related) statement in your body tag, which may break it as well.
(Particularly in IE.)

Also, In my experience, IE is less tolerant of javascript problems
than FireFox, and thus you might see the toolbar in FireFox, but not
in IE.

Even better guess. I do not use the default template but for lets-give-it-a-try reasons I exchanged it temporarily. Still the same effect. I do not use any other js things and I dont think that any plugin could cause this, because any of them is fine in my stable release installations. It definitely is not a thing of IE or FF either, I just tried both of them.

For everybody who wants to take a look at the effect:

the stable version: http://wiki.gammaproduction.de/test/testpage?do=login
the devel release: http://wiki2.gammaproduction.de/test/testpage?do=login

user / passwd : wikitest

Give it a try. Edit this page.
P.S. I used the acl to restrict editing to this page only. No inner links allowed. If there is a bug and you get the chance to edit any other page: please dont!

Best Regards
Gerry