[dokuwiki] Re: Toolbar

  • From: "Terence J. Grant" <tjgrant@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 21:54:36 -0400

I installed the latest devel release from today (2006-07-28) but am
facing the problem the the toolbar does not show up when I click 'edit
the page'.
Everything else is fine. I can alter the text and preview / save it but
all that without toolbar. Does anyone know the reason?

In the stable release, the edit toolbar is generated by javascript, so it is likely a javascript error (typically in your template, assuming you're not using default) is the cause.

This can also be caused by using an "onload" (again javascript
related) statement in your body tag, which may break it as well.
(Particularly in IE.)

Also, In my experience, IE is less tolerant of javascript problems
than FireFox, and thus you might see the toolbar in FireFox, but not
in IE.

--
--Terence J. Grant(tjgrant@xxxxxxxxxxxx)