[dokuwiki] Re: Template Switching Action

  • From: "Terence J. Grant" <tjgrant@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 12:57:42 -0400

Basically you are right, but the meaning of "change the template on a
per user " can be mistaken on this topic. I don't want a special user to
change the template. It is for everybody, having no special group, not
being loged in or something, so I think the multitemplate does not
really apply.

Fix: Use cookies, and determine the template based on the cookie.

> The big con is that you lose style.ini support, but that shouldn't
> stop you from using it.
I would not want to loose that.

Keep in mind you can turn a style.ini template into one not requiring it fairly easily.

Also, consider the contradiction-- your guests or logged in users can
choose which template they want, but they're still locked into
whatever default color scheme you've set up for each template... and
whatever benefit style.ini had is almost all but lost.

--
--Terence J. Grant(tjgrant@xxxxxxxxxxxx)