[dokuwiki] Re: Template Switching Action

  • From: Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 16:34:41 +0100

Gerry Weißbach wrote:

Am 1.8.2006 schrieb "Andreas Gohr" <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Chris Smith writes:

Unless I have misunderstood, when you change the template, you
necessarily call doku.php. You're action plugin can sit in there and
happily work its magic on the template name in local.protected.php.
If I understood correctly he wants to change the template on a per user
basis (stored in the session) so modifying the config files is out of scope.

To solve this the css.php would either need to accept an additional
parameter to switch the template on the fly or we would need some plugin
event. I don't know what I dislike more.

Andi

Sorry about that ... I still hope its worth a though.

Gerry
There is another solution, a little hackish, but a solution nevertheless.

The config files are all php. Add your code to set $conf['template'] based on the session value (starting the session if necessary) there.