[dokuwiki] Re: Strange behavior with new indexer?

  • From: Michael Hamann <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 21:53:29 +0200

Hi,

Excerpts from Andreas Gohr's message of 2011-04-18 20:26:53 +0200:
> > I did a re-index through the SearchIndex Manager plugin, and both page.idx
> > and title.idx are left blank afterwards; page.idx updates on consecutive
> > pagevisits, whereas title.idx does not.
>
> AFAIR the title index is *not* (re)built by bin/indexer.php but will
> only populate when the pages meta data is (re)rendered.

It is. At least with the new indexer. But the indexer doesn't execute
the render methods (though I don't know why rendering should be disabled
there, I can't see any reason for it).

The problem is that the plugin does not correctly handle the .indexed
files. The new idx_addPage function does already care about the lock and
the .indexed file and doesn't do anything when it is up to date. Thus
the .indexed file should be deleted before the page is indexed.

Michael