[dokuwiki] Re: Strange behavior with new indexer?

  • From: Eivind Morland <eivind.morland@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 23:50:23 +0530

Thanks for the explanation Michael,

On 18 Apr 2011, at 19:57, Michael Hamann wrote:

> I have introduced a switch some time ago that as soon as a certain
> number (10 iirc) of link titles has been fetched from metadata (which
> is rendered/updated on demand now) the title index is loaded and used
> for all following requests (in order to avoid rendering too many pages
> and loading too many metadata files in one request). Theoretically when
> you regenerate the search index the title index should be generated,
> too. It's however of course possible that something doesn't work and
> either the index is not updated or not updated correctly. The titles in
> data/index/title.idx should match the pages in data/index/page.idx, you
> could check if they actually do match/if the titles that are missing are
> in that index.

What you say corresponds to my case, ten titles display, and after that only
pagenames.

I did a re-index through the SearchIndex Manager plugin, and both page.idx and
title.idx are left blank afterwards; page.idx updates on consecutive
pagevisits, whereas title.idx does not.

I am up to date on the latest development version.

Eivind--