[dokuwiki] Re: Strange behavior with new indexer?

  • From: Michael Hamann <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 16:27:41 +0200

Hi,

Excerpts from Eivind Morland's message of 2011-04-18 15:17:52 +0200:
> Ok, to the prob... challenge. I have a wiki installation with 6.500
> pages (going for 100.000). I recently switched to the devel version
> and re-indexed my pages. However, some of my pages show up with the
> title (UseHeading = on), the rest displays pagenames in both
> navigation and content. When switching back to the stable release, all
> titles display as intended.
>
> Is there something I need to know about the new indexer or is this
> related to something else?

I have introduced a switch some time ago that as soon as a certain
number (10 iirc) of link titles has been fetched from metadata (which
is rendered/updated on demand now) the title index is loaded and used
for all following requests (in order to avoid rendering too many pages
and loading too many metadata files in one request). Theoretically when
you regenerate the search index the title index should be generated,
too. It's however of course possible that something doesn't work and
either the index is not updated or not updated correctly. The titles in
data/index/title.idx should match the pages in data/index/page.idx, you
could check if they actually do match/if the titles that are missing are
in that index.

Michael