[dokuwiki] Special characters in user names

  • From: Dave Kliczbor <maligree@xxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 19:42:19 +0200

Hello out there,

I wonder about the username restrictions in dokuwiki. On the
registration page, it says (translated from the german text) "The user
name should consist only of one word, not containing any umlauts, spaces
nor special characters."
As far as I know, "should" means "it is recommended" -- but not "required".

What are the exact implications of this text? I found out that a colon
(':') really can't work because the colon is the field separator in the
plain text user database. A dot ('.') just works well on first sight; I
did not try more... do you know of any other restrictions stemming from
plugins or other auth backends?

cya
 Dave Kliczbor