[dokuwiki] Re: Special characters in user names

  • From: Dave Kliczbor <maligree@xxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 17:54:49 +0200

hello!

Andreas Gohr schrieb:

>> I wonder about the username restrictions in dokuwiki. On the
>> registration page, it says (translated from the german text) "The user
>> name should consist only of one word, not containing any umlauts,
>> spaces nor special characters."
>> As far as I know, "should" means "it is recommended" -- but not
>> "required".
>
> "should" means it dependends on the used Auth-Backend. The default
> plaintext backend will take whatever you enter as username and run the
> cleanID function on it to make sure it's a valid page-id.

Ah. I see. That explains why I've got a user named "k" in the file when
I tried the username "d:k".

It does not explain why I do not get the registration mail for that user
even after dokuwiki says the mail has been sent successfully (I checked,
no typos in the mail address). The only explanation I've got is that
some code still tries to send it to the original user as it was before
cleanID(), but still, it should not say that the mail was successfully sent.

Hmm, I think I need to delve further into that.

cya
 Dave KLiczbor