[dokuwiki] Re: Some notes for our GSoC students...

  • From: Michael Hamann <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 23:02:43 +0200

Hi,

Excerpts from esha choukse's message of 2011-03-27 09:57:57 +0200:
[...]
> I would like to add here though, that it would be nice to be able to *track
> changes* too. This is something that google docs at present lacks. There
> could be something like a track changes button which would highlight all the
> changes done in the document one by one... maybe colour coded as per the
> user who made the changes... this is something i have yearned for while
> using the google docs.

You mean something like an advanced diff view? Or just for the current
editing session? Or do you want to record something that allows a
complete replay of the editing session like it is available in EtherPad
or Google Wave?

> I think PHP is the best option here.. over javascript and an impressive UI
> would be great.

As always, JavaScript should be an enhancement, and the basics should
work without JavaScript, too.

Michael