[dokuwiki] Re: Some notes for our GSoC students...

  • From: esha choukse <eshachoukse.iitkgp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 17:13:19 +0530

Yeah I meant using colour coded context diffs, we could give an option to
the user to actually see what all changes have been made... this could be
done for limited number of changes, say last 10 changes or so... just to
keep a track of latest changes.

for complete replay of the session as in etherpad.. i think we ll have to
make a kind of repository... I dont know if that will be a very good option.

On 28 March 2011 02:32, Michael Hamann <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Excerpts from esha choukse's message of 2011-03-27 09:57:57 +0200:
> [...]
> > I would like to add here though, that it would be nice to be able to
> *track
> > changes* too. This is something that google docs at present lacks. There
> > could be something like a track changes button which would highlight all
> the
> > changes done in the document one by one... maybe colour coded as per the
> > user who made the changes... this is something i have yearned for while
> > using the google docs.
>
> You mean something like an advanced diff view? Or just for the current
> editing session? Or do you want to record something that allows a
> complete replay of the editing session like it is available in EtherPad
> or Google Wave?
>
> > I think PHP is the best option here.. over javascript and an impressive
> UI
> > would be great.
>
> As always, JavaScript should be an enhancement, and the basics should
> work without JavaScript, too.
>
> Michael
> --

Regards
Esha Choukse
Third Year Undergraduate Student
Department of Electronics and Electrical Communication Engg.
IIT Kharagpur