[dokuwiki] Re: Smiley Template?

  • From: Kevin Locke <kwl7@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 10:34:19 -0500

On Sat, 2005-11-26 at 22:55 +0100, Andreas Gohr wrote:
> > Is there a publicly available template for the smileys
> > which I could use to create additional smileys in the style of the
> > originals?
>
> No there isn't any template. I just used a smiley as starting point,
> removed the face and stretched the thing.

Thanks for the response.  I did end up creating a template for my own
use, along with several smileys (Danger,Note,TODO,Warning).  For anyone
who is interested, I have posted them on the web.[1]

In the template, I was able to separate out the text and icons into
separate layers and I also split the button apart into a base color,
along with a hilight and lowlight color which can all be easily changed
with the paint bucket tool.  The template is not exactly the same as the
original, but it is very close and should make it easy for anyone to
create new buttons with minimal effort.

Cheers,
Kevin

1.  http://powermgmt.alioth.debian.org/dokubuttons/

Note1:  This location is probably rather temporary, there is no need to
link back to this page, feel free to just copy the buttons and use them
wherever.

Note2:  The buttons can be considered to be licensed under the same
terms as the original buttons, seeing as they are derivative works of
those buttons. (I assume GPLv2 applies, since they were in the
distributed archive)