[dokuwiki] Re: Search Result

  • From: Michael Klier <chi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 16:57:56 +0100

Todd Augsburger wrote:
> P.S. Group, why is "bottom posting" so doggone important? It only makes it
> harder for me to read in my mailreader (both at work and home), it makes it
> difficult to see where the old post ends and the new one begins, and I
> already clip messages severely when replying. I don't want to start a big
> discussion, since I'm sure this has come up many times before, but can you
> point me to a succinct summary so that I may understand the rationale?

The following wikipedia page [1] gives a good summary on the topic.

In short:

    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
    A: Top-posting.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-posting

And as said before, its recommended at:

I also don't want to start an argument/discussion here, but if nobody
here on this list would care there wouldn't be such guidlines as on [2].

Best Regards,
    Chi

--
Michael Klier