[dokuwiki] Re: Reject template if plugin does not exist?

  • From: Hakan.Sandell@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 23:05:56 +0200

> I'm not fond of plugins/templates that require me to install another
> software.

Examples?

I know that sometimes it's not feasible to distribute, in example, plugins with other required plugins/etc. But I think that one reason the WYSIWYG plugins not are more popular are the trouble with FCK installation (before the Java only plugin is released).

Even "minor" requirements like "tag" plugin needing the "pagelist" plugin makes installation more difficult for some users.

Isn't it possible to have your template degrading gracefully without the plugin, replacing any missing content with a informative message? Or just replace everything with a "sorry, missing plugin" message and an admin link to the configuration manager.

This is only some humble thoughts as I can't find any way to stop the configuration manager to display all present templates as valid choises.

/Håkan