[dokuwiki] Re: Proposing 2006-03-09c release

  • From: "Oliver Schulze L." <oliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 12:56:09 -0400

Having a new release from the devel tree would be really great!
But, I think the css-jss cache code make DW really faster.

Since the cache code is small and has been tested maybe releasing
a hotfix will give us time to test the new devel release without pressure.

I'm installing a wiki for a client, and honestly, using 2006-03-06b
is a no go. The client only have 64kbps and without patching DW,
the wiki is useless :(

If a new release is the path to be taken, maybe I can put a page
in the DW wiki explaining go to apply the cache patch while the
new release is created/tested.
Installing the patch is just a matter of running:
 cd inc/; patch < /tmp/pageutils.php.2006-03-06b.patch
 cd lib/exe ; patch < js.php.2006-03-06b.patch
 cd lib/exe ; patch < css.php.2006-03-06b.patch

Thanks
Oliver

Andreas Gohr wrote:
On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 11:25:19 -0400
"Oliver Schulze L." <oliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,
I'm proposing a hotfix release of dokuwiki, version 2006-03-06c

I have a better idea. Let's make a new release by fixing the last open things from http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:todo

Chris: How do you feel about integrating the installer? Could you
prepare a darcs patch of the current code? Because many new features
(admin page) are only available with enabled ACL support I'd like to
make it easy to enable it for newbies. The best method is to use
your installer I think.

Andi

-- Oliver Schulze L. <oliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>