[dokuwiki] Proposed $conf['rsslinkto']

  • From: "Joe Lapp" <joe.lapp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 00:57:35 -0500 (CDT)

I have a patch defining a new configuration variable:

$conf['rsslinkto'] = 'diffs';

//what page RSS entries link to:
//  'diffs'  - page showing revision differences
//  'page'   - the revised page itself
//  'rev'    - page showing all revisions
//  'recent' - most recent revision of page

'diffs' and 'recent' are my terms.  'page' and 'rev' are already built-in.

Should I check it in?  What variable name should I use?

$conf['rss:linkto']
$conf['rss']['linkto']

I will shortly be proposing another RSS variable controlling whether logged in
users are recorded in the RSS entry simply by their full name -- unless I find
that patch too much work to do.  So there might be more than one RSS variable.

In a previous email I pointed out that the single hash array is more efficient
than the double hash array, if you care about saving every bit of memory and
every clock cycle.  (Hash lookups are optimal when there are large numbers of
entries and suboptimal with few entries.)  This really only matters if someone
puts a $conf[] lookup in a tight loop, or if you're a tight-a** like me about
performance.

~joe