[dokuwiki] Problems with home directory install

  • From: PheP <phep-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 16:51:22 +0200

Hi,

I'm facing a problem that may come from my configuration but ...

Every installations of Dokuwiki I made on 3 different servers are
running OK, whatever the install directory : apache document root (e.g.
/var/www/dokuwiki) or subdirectories (e.g /var/www/some/where/dokuwiki).

But yesterday I failed to install a new dokuwiki instance in my user web
dir (~/public_html/dokuwiki). More precisely, I can load the default
page, (and the do=check says everything's right), I can edit this page
but if I make a link to a new page, I can not go create this page. For
exemple, if I type http://localhost/~myname/dokuwiki/doku.php/newpage,
doku keeps displaying the first page.

Same thing when I copy an existing wiki in my user web dir, I can not go
beyond the first page, as if the path info was ignored.

Yet, if I copy those instances to my document root, they are fully
functionnal !

I thought it has something to do with my apache config, so I made the
test giving /var/www and user dirs exactly the same config and made sure
there was no .htaccess playing around; with no success :-(

I'm pretty sure, though, it has something to do with my config (even
checked php.ini, tried on php4 and php5 - same result) but as hard as I
tried I could not manage to find where it comes from (didn't find
anything useful in the lists or BTS, though my problem have a faint
resemblance with bug #502), so, if the behaviour rings a bell to
anybody....

Thanks in advance !

Oh, by the way, my conf is Apache/1.3.34, PHP/5.1.4 or PHP/4.4.2 out of
the debian box.

--
"Rejoice, rejoice, we have no choice but to carry on." Stills