[dokuwiki] Re: Plugin outliner

  • From: Andreas Benzler <info.benzler@xxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 18:01:01 +0100

On 02.03.2010 10:44, Frantz de Germain wrote:
it seems that this plugin does'nt work any more with the latest version of
Dokuwiki.

I used it for the sidebar menu of the Arctic template.

Any solutions ?

Hello Frantz

The plugin still works with the latest release. We are using it on the sidebar of our wiki using the arctic template to create a navigation menu.

Like I stated on http://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:outliner you have to disable the java script part of the plugin using the #. After I updated to the latest release I noticed several problems with our sidebar. After a day of trial and error I found out that this plugin does not only dislike missing newlines like I stated on the plugin page. Furthermore, in these newlines there are no whitespaces allowed at all, otherwise the rendering of the plugin will end up producing a mess. I did a copy and paste from the sidebar into a texteditor which could display whitespaces in these newlines and removed them all. After that cleaning process the plugin worked as expected. I just updated my old comments on the plugin page...

Another thing to mention is that with newer releases of dokuwiki / arctic template the rendered navigation collapses after one clicks a link. This way you have to open the navigation tree over and over again if you clicked the wrong link in the first place.

Unfortunately there seems no plugin available that does the same job. The navi plugin found here http://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:navi probably comes closest to this one when used for navigation in a sidebar. But it wants each level of the tree to be a link to a page which is not the case for our site. (I left a comment on the plugin page about that some time ago)

If this still does not work for you I can upload the plugin code of my installation to the plugin page.

Since I am not very happy using such an old, outdated plugin I am thankful for hints to a replacement where I can create my own menu and where groups/levels do not need to be valid pages like it is the case for the the navi plugin.

Andreas