[dokuwiki] Re: Mini - DokuWiki distribution

  • From: Jose-Marcio Martins da Cruz <Jose-Marcio.Martins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 21:30:33 +0100

Michael Klier wrote:

Excatly, you don't want to run a PHP powerd Wiki Engine on aa embedded device,
there are Wiki Engines written in LUA for example sputnik, which probably
perform way better.

As for the discussion, why doesn't one of you start a community project that
provides language specific tarballs if you think they're so terribly needed?
After all this is an OpenSource project. Let numbers speak, proove that you
get enough hits/downloads a month and that a considerable number of people
really cares about this, and maybe Andi will take it into consideration.

I'm thinking about a related situation.... (not the same one).

A webserver where you host personnal web pages. Each one can have it's own instance of dokuwiki. Currently, we duplicate the installation. Well, at this situation, the size of the wiki is important but not too much. Upgrading a hundred of instances may become a nightmare... So, it could be interesting to have a single instance of the wiki (programs) and as many instances of data, as they are wikies. I haven't yet tried but it seems to me that it's possible.