[dokuwiki] Re: Interwiki public cache links appear to be broken

  • From: Anika Henke <anika@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 12:21:52 +0100

While checking the existing links, I have as well added dokugit to point to
bug reports on GitHub instead of the old dokubug links.

For me 'dokugit' sounds like that it points to the Github project home.
But it points to the issue section. Therefore my proposal is to use
the name 'dokuissue' for links to the Github issue tracker.

I'd prefer "dokuissue" over "dokugit" as well.

On the one hand I don't like having DokuWiki-related interwiki patterns
in the core at all (except "doku"). How many people are using "dokubug"
(and would therefore also use "dokuissue") except on dokuwiki.org?
On the other hand you might argue if the old bug tracking pattern was in
there, the new one should also be in there.
But then again, we have lots of local interwiki patterns as well, e.g.
"bug" which is the same as "dokubug" (why? maybe there was a plan to
convert from core to local? or did we need to support this when we used
to have "bug" in the core?), "github" which points to commits and "pr"
which points to pull requests.

Anika