[dokuwiki] Re: Interwiki public cache links appear to be broken

  • From: Klap in <klapinklapin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 10:07:03 +0200

Hello,

The Coral CDN[1] website is still available, but I can't resolve any nyud.net
addresses even with alternate DNS servers. It may still be a configuration on
my end or with my ISP. Or it could be a temporary problem. Although the
mailing list and other message boards I've read have talked about the service
not working for many months.

Yeah it doesn't work for me either. I added this interwiki link in the
very early years of DokuWiki because I needed it once. But I don't
think it was ever widely used by any DokuWiki users. I left it in
during the last interwiki clean up because it's the only example using
the host part placeholders. But since it's broken it makes no sense to
keep. So just throw it out.

Maybe it useful to expand the explanation of the placeholders in the
header of the configuration file with all available placeholders like
{SCHEME},{HOST},{PORT},{PATH} and {QUERY}.

Kind regards,
Gerrit