[dokuwiki] Re: Interwiki public cache links appear to be broken

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 09:11:40 +0200

Hi

(After annoying Andi all weekend with bounces, I think I finally have my mail
fixed.)

Welcome to the Mailinglist :-)

Freecache appears to be completely unavailable, so that interwiki link should
probably be removed.

Agreed

The Coral CDN[1] website is still available, but I can't resolve any nyud.net
addresses even with alternate DNS servers. It may still be a configuration on
my end or with my ISP. Or it could be a temporary problem. Although the
mailing list and other message boards I've read have talked about the service
not working for many months.

Yeah it doesn't work for me either. I added this interwiki link in the
very early years of DokuWiki because I needed it once. But I don't
think it was ever widely used by any DokuWiki users. I left it in
during the last interwiki clean up because it's the only example using
the host part placeholders. But since it's broken it makes no sense to
keep. So just throw it out.

Perhaps we could use the Google cache [2] but that doesn't completely
mirror a site and I don't know if the usage policy allows direct linking.

Yeah, let's keep it out. People can always manually link to google
cache or add their own interwiki link for it.