[dokuwiki] Re: Installation problems: datadir

  • From: "Bill Jones" <tetragondzein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 09:00:29 -0400

[taking this back to the list for others review]

On 5/17/06, sports tg <sportstg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Bill,

Thanks again for helping me on this. It worked!! I don't claim to k now why
:-) Going to the check page now gives :

DokuWiki version: Release 2006-03-09
Consider upgrading PHP to 4.3.10 or higher for security reasons (your
version: 4.3.3)
Changelog is writable
Datadir is writable
Attic is writable
 Mediadir is writable
Cachedir is writable
conf/users.auth.php is writable
mb_string extension not available - PHP only replacements will be used
Debugging support is enabled. If you don't need it you should set
$conf['allowdebug'] = 0
Your current permission for this page is 8
The current page is not writable by the webserver
The current page is writable by you

Does the dokuwiki install instructions need updating in some way, to cover
what has happened to me?

If you still have the patience for more, read on!

I have a text file hierarchy I want to use on this wiki. I have copied it to
dockuwiki/data/pages. All the folders and files in my hierachy have
underscores in any long file names. The top directory shows now in the
index. Clicking on this does not show the next level, which has 2
directories called Tested and To_Test. I hope I've made myself clear. Maybe
it's not possible include a hierarchy under pages like this, but I think
it's designed to do this.... thinking it might be a permissions thing...I
tried :
su - root -c "chmod -R 755 /var/www/html/dokuwiki/data/"
to no avail.

Thank you,

Tom.

On 17/05/06, Bill Jones < tetragondzein@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 5/16/06, sports tg < sportstg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Let's just try once for for clarity and type it exactly like I typed it
below:

su - root -c "chown -R  apache:apache  /var/www/html/dokuwiki"

Im glad your installation is working now :)

I cannot help with the organizing of the data directory -- but I dont
think that simply dropping pages in there will automatically link them
to each other.

About the set-up --  I will be happy to review the DW Site
Installation FAQ and see if there is anything specific that would need
clarification and if so update it so this doesnt happen to another.

Being a Linux teacher I understand the aggravation people go thru
trying to learn a new system -- but I guess Ive been doing that so
long I just take things for granted.

-Sx-  =)
--
WC (Bill) Jones -- http://youve-reached-the.endoftheinternet.org/