[dokuwiki] Re: How to move a Namespace? or How to include one wiki into another?

  • From: Christopher Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 14:36:39 +0100

On 23 Oct 2009, at 11:46, Andreas Benzler wrote:

Hi List

I am running 2 wikis, one for our staff and one for students. I would like that the content of the student wiki is indexed by the staff wiki as well so that the stuff can search trhough all the content without having to search in 2 separate wikis.

<snip>

Is there a save way to do achive this? Like move the folder on the disk, using the batchedit plugin or some shell skript to update all the links and then run the indexer? What hapens to all the metadata then?

Because of security reasons we do not want to have the students wiki to be just a namespace inside the staff wiki.

You could try symlinking the student pages, media and metadata into the staff wiki. Staff could then edit student pages directly from their wiki.

staff/data/pages/students -> students/data/pages
staff/data/meta/students -> students/data/meta
staff/data/media/students -> students/data/media

or running a regular rsync for the same directories.

Student updates won't instantly be recorded in the staff search indexes. If rsyncing you may want to force a reindex after the sync. If using symlinks it would be handy to have a custom action plugin to trigger reindexing of the updated file.

- Chris

ps. I haven't tried the above.  I hypothesize it will work :-)