[dokuwiki] How to move a Namespace? or How to include one wiki into another?

  • From: Andreas Benzler <info.benzler@xxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 12:46:33 +0200

Hi List

I am running 2 wikis, one for our staff and one for students. I would like that the content of the student wiki is indexed by the staff wiki as well so that the stuff can search trhough all the content without having to search in 2 separate wikis. The only way I know to achive this would be to use the sync plugin and periodically sync the student wiki into the staff wiki. But for this to work the namespaces need to exist on both wikis. If I want to sync the whole student wiki without namespace fonflicts this wiki has to have one namespace under which it runs. As we startet the new student wiki we did not knew about this. With the pagemove plugin I could move all pages page by page but not all namespaces. Furthermore I would have to move the data folders by hand and update the liks. Because the studentwiki is quite small currently this would be possible. But I would prefer a way to move all namespaces at once. Is there a save way to do achive this? Like move the folder on the disk, using the batchedit plugin or some shell skript to update all the links and then run the indexer? What hapens to all the metadata then?

Because of security reasons we do not want to have the students wiki to be just a namespace inside the staff wiki.

Regards

Andreas