[dokuwiki] GSoC 11 - [Andreas "mobile client for DokuWiki"]

  • From: Abdul Rauf <raufbutt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 16:21:23 +0000

Dear Andreas Gohr

I am very excited to contribute in open source community through the
platform of Google Summer of Code 2011. I have visited the ideas page
of “DokuWiki” at http://www.dokuwiki.org/devel:gsoc for GSoC 2011. I am
interested in working on “mobile client” for DokuWiki. The reason being is
my interest in smartphone development. I have previously worked in Windows
Phone 7 and to some extent in Blackberry. I want to experience development
in other platforms as Android or iPhone. I've worked in Java, CSS, HTML and
Javascript.

I am writing to let you know my understanding of the project and required
knowledge of technologies. I would like your feedback on it. My
understanding of the requirements is as follows:

   - To develop a smartphone application for DokuWiki.
   - The application should allow offline browsing and remote editing of
   wiki pages.
   - The application should be able to upload files (multimedia files) to
   the wiki repository.

Would you please refer me some material to study in this regard?

I look forward to your response.

Regards

Rauf