[dokuwiki] GSoC 11 - [Andreas "mobile client for DokuWiki"]

  • From: Kushgra Singh <kushagr.singh3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 00:29:02 +0530

Hello Andreas,

I'm a 3rd year B.E. student from Amity University, India. I was looking
forward to being involved in the Google Summer of Code 2011 .
While going through the project ideas for Dokuwiki I found the "Mobile
Client for DokuWiki"  project to be interesting. I would really like to work
on this project and was hoping to get some guidance.

I was going through the requirements list and found that you have mentioned
Titanium for cross platform development.Since we want to increase the reach
in the market and support multiple platforms I would suggest we try PhoneGap
as it supports iPhone, Android, Palm, Symbian, Maemo, Windows Mobile, and
Blackberry in contrast to titanium which supports iPhone and Android only.

Another Pro for  PhoneGap is  the ability to write automated tests. While
using Titanium since there is no real titanium.js skeleton or real JS
implementation, it is not possible to mock-out the framework for purposes of
automated tests and manual testing could be a real pain.

Also PhoneGap is OpenSource and free !

Can I recommend using Ruby in case if we still decide to go with the
Titanium approach? :)

I am going through the XML-RPC document and will mail you in case of further
queries .

Thanks for your help !
Kushagra Singh