[dokuwiki] Re: Extended characters in acronyms doesn't work

  • From: Thomas Wingate <thomas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 14:12:45 +0100

Works now :)

Opened in notepad++ and set encoding to UTF-8 without BOM. First bits are EF BB (if that matters or not).
Acronyms using åäö now work:
KTH                      Kungliga Tekniska Högskolan
LTU                      Luleå Tekniska Universitet

Latest rel of Dokuwiki and no change to entities.local.conf.

/T

Lindgren Daniel wrote:
Daniel,
I have also been trying to solve this issue without success. We have reverted to replacing åäö with aao, which of course looks a bit strange at times...

Sorry to hear that Thomas, I too have been considering "aa/ae/oe" and so on,
but it doesn't look good. DokuWiki handles extended characters in normal text with ease
so hopefully we can find a way to make acronyms work too.

/Daniel

# Acronyms.
# The parser can't deal with åäö!

BIM          Building Information Model
PDM                      Product Data Management
ERP                      Enterprice Resource Planning
CRM                      Customer Relationship Management
CAD                      Computer Aided Design
CAM                      Computer Aided Manufacturing
SRM                      Supplier Relationship Management
LTU                      Luleå Tekniska Universitet
CIFE             Center for Integrated Facility Engineering
KTH                      Kungliga Tekniska Högskolan
AEC                      Architecture Engineering Construction
BSAB             Byggandets Samordning AB: Swedish building code
IFC                      Industry Foundation Classes
SSARK            Scheiwiller Svensson Arkitektkontor
SXC                      Skanska Xchange
OOP                      Object Oriented Programming
OO                       Object Oriented
RUP                      Rational Unified Process
UP                       Unified Process
HVAC             Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning
VDC                      Virtual Construction & Design
4D                       3D CAD with added shedule information (time)