[dokuwiki] Re: Experiences in Scalability

  • From: "Joe Lapp" <joe.lapp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 14:13:48 -0500 (CDT)

Tim Bayer <tim.bayer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I was thinking about the limitations DokuWiki may have and I think the
> performance of DokuWiki is going to be based a lot off of the hardware
> running it. Any Thoughts?

We don't have any hard numbers yet.  Given some of the goings on in the code,
my personal opinion is that there's a lot of room for improvement on the
scalability front.

It would be wise to do a scalability test before committing to DokuWiki (and
we'd love to hear what you learn).  Virtually every server is going to scale
better on better hardward, so it's a question of how far can you get on the
hardware you'll be using.

I plan to do some scalability testing but don't know when I'll get around to
it.  I believe that it would be pretty easy to get a significant improvement
over whatever scalability DokuWiki now has.

~joe