[dokuwiki] Re: Deleting pages doesn't delete permissions

  • From: "Bill Jones" <tetragondzein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 10:26:26 -0400

On 8/3/06, Gabriel Birke <gabriel.birke@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The thing I described (ACL permissions remaining in the ACL file even
when a page is deleted) is NOT the result I want to achieve but **the
current behavior of DokuWiki**! I fail to see why cleaning up the ACL
file poses a security risk, I think the opposite would be true.

Please pardon me for sticking my 2 cents in.

The ACL as set-up during normal site operations are the accepted
standards for page/namespace security during the operation of your
site; right?

Then for that reason alone the ACL security should remain the same
even if a page is edited into a "deleted" (because the content is
empty) status.

Why?  Because should that page be created again (for whatever reason;
let's just say it was restored from the attic, for example) then does
it not stand to reason the past ACL security should still be enforced?
Removing an ACL just because a Page or Namespace was deleted does not
make good security sense.

Overall the site "admin" should at least excersize more systems
administration by periodically reviewing the ACLs and page/namespaces.

But, of course, all this is just my opinion.
--
WC (Bill) Jones -- http://youve-reached-the.endoftheinternet.org/