[dokuwiki] Deleting pages doesn't delete permissions

  • From: "Gabriel Birke" <gabriel.birke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 13:23:07 +0200

Hello!

When a page is deleted, any special ACL permissions for that page
persist. This is a problem I would like to solve - I have two solutions
to choose from and need the help of the list to decide, which approach
is the best:

1) Use Actions
I haven't looked at the development code so I know not much about the
new "actions". Are these some kind of "events" that plugins can react
on? Then the ACL plugin can react to the "delete" event by deleting all
permission entries for that page. Will that be possible in the new
version of Dokuwiki? Another question: When will the new version be
ready?

2) Clean up with a cron job
Write the script cron.php that reads in the ACL and checks for the
existence of each page/namespace in it. If the page/namespace doesn't
exist, remove it from the ACL.

I favor the first solution, but if the new version isn't ready for
production use, I will have to implement the second solution. Or are
there any Other Ideas on how to solve this problem?

Thanks

Gabriel

--
Gabriel Birke