[dokuwiki] Re: Next version

  • From: "Bill Jones" <tetragondzein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 10:18:17 -0400

On 8/3/06, Syv Ritch <elfroggio@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I need to deploy a new wiki fairly soon, do I wait a week or two for
the new release or stay with the March version. Pnce deployed, it's
unlikely that there will be some upgrade on that machine for a long
while, so that's why I ask.

I vote you use the current snapshot. However, I must ask, you never plan on reviewing the installation for code corrections or patches? Is that only the dokuwiki code base or did that statement apply to the whole server?

At anyrate I find the current snapshot very stable -- I have been
"dowloading and over writing to update to it" and I am using it with
about 40 registered and 100 or so anonymous clients each day with no
issues.

Please note however that I am a one man operation -- there are no
other editors etc...  So YMMV.

--
WC (Bill) Jones -- http://youve-reached-the.endoftheinternet.org/