[dokuwiki] Re: Deleting a namespace

  • From: "Anthony Walters" <anthony.walters@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 20:27:10 -0000 (GMT)

> There is no need to setup anything. Deleting empty directories is
> handled by the io_sweepNS() function which is called everytime a file is
> deleted.
Yeah i had a look at your code to get my head around the problem, but PHP
is not my strong point, I'm more of a sysadmin.

> However this may not work always. Eg. someone opened a nonexisting page
> for editing but then browsed away there may be a stale lockfile left. In
> this case deleteing the non-empty directory will fail silently.
>
> Suggestions for improving the mechanism are welcome.
>
>> Perhaps i need to have a cron job running to delete empty directories
>> on  a nightly basis, has anyone written such a script?
>
> This would certainly work.

I have a test server to play around with. I'll have a go at getting a
'nightly admin' cron script together, It's not going to be cross platform
tho....

By the way, dokuwiki is great, we use it for documetation in our
department, otherwise we would probably be been using an evil word
processor and and a shared network drive YUK!

Anthony