[dokuwiki] Re: Deleting a namespace

  • From: Roman Zimmermann <ladoo@xxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 19:50:48 +0100

hy!

Andreas Gohr wrote:
> handled by the io_sweepNS() function which is called everytime a file is
> deleted.
>
> However this may not work always. Eg. someone opened a nonexisting page
> for editing but then browsed away there may be a stale lockfile left. In
> this case deleteing the non-empty directory will fail silently.
>
> Suggestions for improving the mechanism are welcome.
>
> There is no need to setup anything. Deleting empty directories is
It would be possible to check if there are only lockfiles in the
directory which are older than $locktime and delete the folder and the
lockfiles if this is the case. of course this does not really solve the
problem but it makes it more bearable. also it would be possible to
delete a namespace that has only old lockfiles in it by creating an
empty page and deleting it again... if you can follow me ...

IMHO a way to force the deletion of a namespace would be yet another bit
cleaner... (in adition to the lockfile-check)
> Andi

Roman