[dokuwiki] Re: Debian/nginx/dokuwiki/namespaces: IP ACL for certain namespace

  • From: Frank Thommen <list.dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 10:40:54 +0200

On 23.09.13 19:15, georg@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
[...]

For blocking the whole wiki, yes absolutely. For blocking single
namespaces it might not be possible.

Is this because of the specific software? I mean, would be possible with
Apache?

Don't know about nginx, but with Apache you can control access to specific directories (!) with Allow/Deny directives.

However I'd not recommend to use it for namespace access control. Such a solution will most probably become painfully complex and confusing.

frank