[dokuwiki] Re: Debian/nginx/dokuwiki/namespaces: IP ACL for certain namespace

  • From: "georg@xxxxxxxxxx" <georg@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 12:35:20 +0200

On 13-09-24 11:51:59, Andreas Gohr wrote:

> >> Is this because of the specific software? I mean, would be possible with
> >> Apache?
> >
> > Don't know about nginx, but with Apache you can control access to specific
> > directories (!) with Allow/Deny directives.
>
> My doubts are not related to a specific webserver. The problem is that
> directory based protection won't work, because namespaces are not
> directories the webserver knows about. So the only aproach would be
> URL based protection, but that might not work depending on the used
> rewrite config and a namespace might also be passed in a POST
> parameter and not be reflected in the URL.

Yeah, I know. That's why I tried to circumvent this with a specific
location for this namespace and an alias pointing to the right
directory. This is working, aswell with the deny and allow directives.

Putting the rewrite rules in there aswell breaks this, because I think
the pages are then accessed trough doku.php, for which there are no
order and allow directives; actually the reason you Andreas gave in your
mail.

Cheers,
Georg