[dokuwiki] Re: Configuration Manager Plugin removes the "useacl" option

  • From: Werner Flamme <werner.flamme@xxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 17:20:57 +0200

Frank Thommen [15.10.2008 17:11]:
> Andreas Gohr wrote:
>>> $conf['useacl'] = '1';
>> That should be
>>
>> $conf['useacl'] = 1;
>
> OK, corrected. But it doesn't change the problem :-)
>

>>> Has anyone experienced the same problem and know how to fix it?
>> No never experienced it. When you edit your local.php to enable ACLs
>> and then load the config manager, what does the form display? Are ACLs
>> activated or not?
>
> Hmm.  There is a section "Authentication Settings" but no explicit
> checkbox for enabling or disabling ACLs visible.

The first checkbox in Section "Authentication Settings" ("Use access
control lists") is the box to check. It has a "useacl" at the left top
corner for me. Next entry is "Autogenerate passwords" ("autpoasswd").

I'm using the devel release, BTW.

> After saving the settings, I get an error (red bar on top of the page)
> with "Command unavailable: admin".  That also puzzles me: Why does the
> configuration manager not work w/o ACLs?

It's a feature. See <http://www.dokuwiki.org/config:useacl> please :-)

HTH
Werner

--
Werner Flamme, Abt. WKDV
Helmholtz-Zentrum für Umweltforschung GmbH - UFZ