[dokuwiki] Re: A new spellchecker issue?

  • From: Steven Danz <steven-danz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 11:15:10 -0600

Andreas Gohr wrote:

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 16:34:08 -0600
Steven Danz <steven-danz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I put it on the bug tracker as well, not sure if its been seen before
or  not.

If you have an unordered list with long list elements, and update a
word with the spellchecker, the *some* of the results are shifted to
the left. Which of course completely messes up the list since its
space sensitive. Haven't had a chance to try other combinations of
lists or other formated text.

I just pushed a patch which seems to fix the problem. I did just a very quick check in Firefox. Could please everybody check it didn't break anything in other browsers?

Andi

Giving it a try now. While the results don't mess up the lists (i.e. spacing on the left), now all the &nbsp; show up as miss-spelled words :-(
(Yes, I could add nbsp to the word list, but that just feels like a kludge)

Not knowing how the spell checking is setup, I'll ask the silly question. Why does it care about the spacing at all? Shouldn't a spellchecker leave the spaces alone and just deal with the words? I see where double spaces are changed to "&nbsp; " and then back to double spaces, I'm just wondering why the spellcheck just doesn't ignore spaces altogether. But like I said, its probably just because I don't know what else is going on with the checker.

Thanks!

Steven