[dokuwiki] Re: A new spellchecker issue?

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 18:40:32 +0100

> Giving it a try now.  While the results don't mess up the lists (i.e.
> spacing on the left), now all the &nbsp; show up as miss-spelled words

That's why I wanted a test. Which aspell version do you use? Mine seems
to cope fine with the &nbsp;

> Not knowing how the spell checking is setup, I'll ask the silly
> question.  Why does it care about the spacing at all?  Shouldn't a
> spellchecker leave the spaces alone and just deal with the words?

Yes and that is what was the case before. The problem seems to be the
browser which seems to drop leading whitespaces after a linebreak
sometime (don't ask me why).

I'll see if I can up with a different solution.