[directmusic] Re: dmuisc player in HTML+TIME under IE6SP1 (1106version) not working

  • From: "Ciaran Walsh" <ciaran@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 11:16:02 -0000

No, you can't use just a segment on it's own (although I'm sure it could be
modified to do that) because it was always intended to be used with scripted
content. The workaround is to use a script with a single routine in it to
trigger the segment I suppose.

No, the cab file does not require style and DLS files, only the script.

By "default DLS" do you mean GM sounds? If so, you can reference them in the
band in your segment without having to include the DLS collection in the cab
file.

So although it doesn't work in exactly the way you envisage it can certainly
do what you need with a minimum of tweaking.