[directmusic] Re: Problem with General MIDI instruments not playing

  • From: "Ciaran Walsh" <ciaran@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 13:12:25 -0000

I've done what you suggest here before - copying a single instrument out of
GM.dls into your own dls bank. It works fine and I'm pretty sure it does
save memory too. They tend to be pretty tiny in size, the individual GM
instruments so if you're only using a small number of them it makes a lot of
sense to do it this way. Of course you can also modify the sounds this way
too.