[directmusic] Allright, now I'm REALLY stumped

  • From: "Bjorn Lynne" <bjorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 13:41:06 -0000

Okay, so I did as Saul and Ciaran suggested, copied the individual GM
instruments that I wanted to use (3 of them) into my project as custom
instruments, and made the "jingle" bands point to these new custom
instruments instead. But now these instruments STILL do not play outside
DMProducer!

What gives? Now that these GM instruments have been turned into custom
instruments, I *really* cannot see any difference between the jingle
instruments that do play, and those that don't.

I'm so stumped, I've zipped up my project and put it here:

http://www.lynnemusic.com/temp/cts3b.zip (only about 1.7 mb including
project files *and* runtime files).

Can somebody have a look at it for me? As I've said, the problem is that
some instruments used in the jingles do not play outside DMProducer,
although they do play inside DMProducer. These are the instruments that
*were* GM instruments but have now been changed to use custom instruments
(really copies of the GM instruments).

I'll be scratching my head over this one for a while....

Thanks for any help. And please don't use my music for anything - keep it to
yourselves, this is a work in progress. :-)

- Bjorn

--
Bjorn Lynne - Composer, Producer, Sound Designer
Main music site: www.lynnemusic.com