[directmusic] Re: One for the suggestion books...

  • From: "Scott Morgan" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 06:46:05 -0600

Multiple types or dimensions (like Health and Danger for instance) of
grooves would be good too.

Honestly I don't use grooves the way they were intended to be used.  It's
just too limiting.  I do use grooves as a way of controlling what sets of
patterns I want to play, but the 'real' grooves in my pieces are often
combos of several segments controlled by scripting.

heh, Maybe when DirectMusic is in 95% of PC games MS will decide to put
these features in DX14.  Poor David, I know he wants to help.......= )

-Scott Morgan
http://Morganstudios.com