[directmusic] Re: One for the suggestion books...

  • From: "Jason Booth" <jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 10:12:51 -0500

        Actually, I really think the concept of groove level and
variation needs to be extended to all components of Direct Music. For
instance:

        Groove level for segment trigger or segment tracks
        Groove level for chord maps
        Groove level for Chords
                - scripted this in AC2
        Groove level for band tracks

        As for using chord progressions with wav tracks, the way we've
done it is to embed the chord progression in the segment with the wav
track and play it as primary. Then, anything we want to trigger is done
as secondary segments, and follows the referenced chord track. We then
create all our chord maps as primary segments, and pick them based on
scripting controls, which can look at things like groove level to
determine which 'chord map' is appropriate..