[directmusic] Re: Intro patterns of different lengths

  • From: "Bjorn Lynne" <bjorn.lynne@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 09:59:47 -0000

Hi Scott,

I had this problem before, but with regular patterns. I wrote patterns of
different lengths and thought that the segments would pick at random from
them. But I noticed that the longest patterns were always selected when
there was enough room left for them in the segments. The shorter ones were
only selected when the segment was coming up towards the end, and there was
not enough room left for the longer ones.

So if you want your patterns to be treated as "equal" by the segment, they
must all be the same length.

Cheers,
--
Bjorn Lynne - Composer, Producer, Sound Designer
Main music site: www.lynnemusic.com