[directmusic] Re: Intro patterns of different lengths

  • From: "Scott Selfon" <scottsel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 10:37:39 -0800

Hi guys,
For a full list showing how patterns are chosen from a style, see this
white paper. As you noticed, longest pattern (which would arguably be
the 'strongest', rather than repeating a shorter pattern - though there
are certainly cases where I'd like it to pick randomly from *all*
pattern lengths, which Scott's solution accomplishes) definitely takes
priority.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=3D/library/en-us/dnmusi=
/html/dmp_styles.asp

See the topic 'Pick a Pattern, Any Pattern'.

-Scott