[directmusic] Re: Audiopath question

  • From: "Vytautas Leonavicius" <vytas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 09:12:59 +0200

I am very thankful for your continuos help, cause I got no reply for example
in microsoft.public.win32.directx.audio, and gamedev forums, not only on
problem with limited count of loaded/downloaded segments, I even miss reply
on questions about audiopath, those I think are relatevily common. And your
support is really helpful.

For good (or bad)  our current project is relatevily simple in terms of
audio effects, so it looks like shared audiopath will be enough. However, I
am interested in future manual sharing, So, I got some additional questions
on audiopaths:

Say sound card has 32 hardware buffers. So, I could share 32 - n, where n is
count of performances created (cause each performance creates its own
audiopath). Right?

How many hardware buffers it is common for today cards? And how about
integrated audio devices (AC97 etc)?

Now another real problem I am facing now. I am using p4 2.8 cpu with good
i845 based mainboard with integrated audio. The problem is that sometimes my
sound is stuttering (is not playing continously). But I noticed that varies
from machine to machine, also, I noticed that restart of system helps a bit.
I will bring my Creative card from home and try... but... it will be
definetely bad if our product will require non integrated audio. Do you have
any ideas on that?

And last one: how could I disable reverb DMO from that shared audiopath?
Using SetFx?

Vytautas